Monday 9 January 2012

Front cover of my digipack design...

When beginning to create my digipak I started by creating the design for the front cover, I wanted the connotation of the group having an 'out of control' attitude. Which made me think of the idea of crime scene tape and a dark colour scheme. I also wanted the images to all be black and white on the front cover as I felt that if there was too much colour, it wouldn't match and have the main three colour scheme: red, black and yellow. 


These are a few of the screen shots of the process of creating the front cover design of the digipak. The main two things in which I wanted to make sure was shown in the front cover was the logo of the girl group and an image of each member of the band to show who is in the band.


One of the decisions in which I found quite hard to decide from was where I would position the album title, as I wanted it to be in red text, however I couldn't decide whether to have it on a white or black background.
Or, having it on the bottom of design, leaving the top of the cover to be dominated by the 'Studded Roses' logo. I took screen shots of both ways and felt that adding it to the bottom of the digipak cover worked better.




This image below is my final front cover design for the digipak as I felt that it connoted the bands ideology for this album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment